In This Episode:
This one is for all you writing and literature nerds.
We first met Elisa Doucette while living in Thailand, and immediately knew she was “one of us.” While the digital nomad crowd was just gaining steam with this whole “online business” thing…
… she was already building a successful content and editing agency as a remote-working veteran.
Elisa is a writer, editor, and etymology expert who leads the team over at content and editing agency, Craft Your Content.
With over a decade of professional writing and editing experience, she and her team have perfected the art of turning messy brain dumps into elegant prose.
While her agency boasts an impressive clientele, Elisa herself is also an accomplished writer. Her work can be found in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Forbes, and more.
Join us as we chat with Elisa about the craft of becoming a master, the writer’s lifestyle, building a content agency from scratch, and how to pump out great writing even when your creativity goes AWOL.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify Here
- The craft and creativity of a full-time writing career
- Why charging per word or per page is actually horrible for your clients
- How to provide big value to clients by stepping up as the expert
- Why writing is actually really freakin’ hard – and how to give yourself a break
- How to write shit that matters
- The smoothest way to leverage the agency model of writing
- Her go-to trick for creating creativity on-demand.
- Why you should never underestimate the power of words
- How to find motivation and creativity, even when you HATE writing
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Elisa’s content agency at Craft Your Content
- Become a Master Writer (Elisa’s Course)
- Writer’s Rough Drafts (Elisa’s Podcast)
- Author Ann Handley
- Book – Reading Like A Writer
- The Gap by Ira Glass
- The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
- The Rosie Project
- How To Write This Book by Laura Gale
- Paul Jarvis, The Company of One
- Aristotle’s Nicomachean Ethics
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group