In This Episode:
Today we’re chatting with Joel Klettke, who is a sought-after conversion copywriter and consultant.
With a background in entrepreneurship, Joel brings a strategic approach to building and scaling a writing business. He’s also great at teaching freelancers how to confidently sell their services and scale their business.
Today he runs Business Casual Copywriting where he’s helped clients like WP Engine and HubSpot double their conversions. He’s also the founder of Case Study Buddy, a done-for-you case studies service that helps companies capture, share, and cash in on customer success stories.
Building and scaling companies of this size is notoriously difficult, so today we’re asking Joel how he’s gone from profitable side-project to full-fledged company in a strategic way.
And stay tuned until the end for a hilarious side tangent about the evil nature of red tailed hawks.
Let’s dive in so Joel can tell you all about it.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify Here
- How to avoid having an employee mindset as a freelancer so you can take charge of client relationships
- Why “solving problems” is the unconventionally simple way to close clients confidently
- How Joel built up his sales confidence to pitch clients from a position of strength
- Ways to leverage an ‘in house’ job to jump start your freelance career
- How Joel identified a big hole in the market and used it to start a specialized conversions business
- Joel’s secret to developing processes that help you scale your writing business
- The biggest flubs of his early days that taught him some of his most important lessons
- How to show clients what it’s like to work with you before you ever get on a sales call
- The questions Joel always asks before hiring or partnering with someone on his team
- Why ‘looking expensive’ could be the best thing you do for your business growth
- How to give yourself an edge over other freelancers
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Joel’s Website at BusinessCasualCopywriting.com
- Case Study Buddy
- Joel’s genius Zombie 404 page
- Joel’s Twitter
- Joanna Wiebe’s CopyHackers
- Lesson’s from Joel’s first 2 years as a freelancer
- Joel’s polished “How I Work” page on his website
- Copywriter Sam Woods
- Lianna Patch
- Ender’s Game
- Profit First
- Pilgrim’s Progress
- Never Lose a Customer Again
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group