In This Episode:
Our guest today is one of the most interesting and clever marketers we know – and he has held nothing back in this episode.
Ian Stanley has a unique perspective on business, copywriting, and building wealth with your writing. He’s been a copywriter for a long time, but these days is more of a “persuasion hitman.”
Ian started his first business at the age of 12 stringing tennis rackets. More recently he built a socially-minded water filter company to 6-figures monthly, then sold it to the fastest growing start up in Canada after just 10 months.
Today he’s sold over $100 million worth of products online, and is considered to be one of the best copywriters in the world.
His new book, Confessions of a Persuasion Hitman, is out now, and teaches the key strategies he learned along the way to becoming a prolific salesman.
Ian also co-founded LionHeart, a program that taught entrepreneurs to break through the emotional and personal blocks that get in the way of the success and money they want.
Today’s episode is one of the “meatiest” we’ve had so far. Not only do we deep-dive into the mental blocks that stop many writers from making great money from their writing, but we also get a big look behind the scenes into how Ian runs his business…
… including what he charges, and how he structures his contracts.
Have you gotten the official BOW guidebook to marketing yourself as writer? It’s called Write, Reap, Repeat – and it’s free! Learn how to work with clients that pay you more, stress you less, and get you working on projects that flip your switch. Get it on our homepage here.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How much it costs to hire Ian to write your copy
- The biggest ‘money blocks’ that keep writers from earning the income they want to
- His advice on how to overcome deep-seated money blocks
- How Ian structures his contracts with clients
- The boundaries he always sets before working with new clients
- How Ian makes sure his clients always send him the results of his work
- The quick trick to increase per-project revenue without adding more work.
- His advice on how to separate time and money so you don’t work harder to earn more
- How to maintain the lifestyle you want while chasing big income goals
- The secret of building leverage in your business so you get paid more to work less
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Get Ian’s Book “Confessions of a Persuasion Hitman” here
- Ian’s One Hour Work Day Course
- Ian’s mastermind – The Unit
(this is also where you can get Ian’s 2nd Self meditation)
- Ian’s 80/20 Email Course
- Ian’s Email Templates
- Ian’s Email of the Month Club
- Ian’s Instagram
- The Alter Ego Effect: The Power of Secret Identities to Transform Your Life
- Path Notes of an American Ninja Master
- Rusty Moore
- The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life’s Perfection
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself