In This Episode:
Kira Hug is a conversion copywriter who specializes in personality-driven launch copy. She’s also an expert at helping small business owners define and package their “weirdness” – which is part of what makes her so much fun.
While she works directly with clients of her own, she also coaches and leads a team of copywriters at her own agency, and runs The Copywriter Club community with co-founder Rob Marsh.
A CEO, podcast host, and Creative extraordinaire with a killer fashion sense – Kira is an all-around fun and fascinating entrepreneur to learn from. Let’s dive in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify Here
- Kira’s go-to approach for getting a constant flow of new clients
- How Kira balances multiple brands and businesses within her roster
- The quirky question Kira asks every prospect to make sure they’re a good fit
- What it truly takes to start and run a private community (and why it’s way more work than you think)
- How to find and leverage the right online community to create a safe space for learning and growing
- When it’s best to use larger communities vs. more intimate communities to solve your tough business challenges.
- Why there’s ALWAYS room for more writers and writing communities
- How to personalize your process when working with clients (even when using an assistant to manage your projects)
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Kira’s Awesome Website
- The Copywriter Club
- Seth Godin’s Linchpin
- Why We Sleep
- Wild Bill: The True Story of The American Gunfighter
- Authority Marketing
- Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Creating a Mass Movement of People Who Will Pay for Your Advice
- How To Change Your Mind
- Mortification: Writers’ Stories of their Public Shame: Writers’ Stories of Their Public Sham
Have you gotten the official BOW guidebook to marketing yourself as writer? It’s called Write, Reap, Repeat – and it’s free! Learn how to work with clients that pay you more, stress you less, and get you working on projects that flip your switch. Get it on our homepage here.