In This Episode:
Allison Carpio is a marketing consultant and travel-loving foodie based in San Francisco, but when she’s not prowling for pork belly, she helps clients grow their business by helping them dig deep into their target readers.
Allison works with marketers to help them get clarity into who their audience REALLY is – and how to write strong pieces that attract these exact people.
The goal of EVERY writer is to connect with their reader, and 9 times out of 10, if there’s a problem with a piece of writing, it’s that the writer hasn’t clearly defined their avatar.
And even worse, the majority of businesses and writers are completely wrong in what they think about their audiences.
Allison helps you dig a layer deeper into your avatar to put you ahead of your competition, and to bust all the myths circulating around the blogosphere about this misunderstood topic.
We’ve got a lot to get into today, so grab a cup of coffee and settle in for this one. Your writing business (and your readers) will thank you for it.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- A simple and non-marketing-ey explanation of what an avatar actually is
- The questions you should ask your target readers to find out their deepest fears and desires (without being a weirdo)
- Why defining your target audience is critical even if you’re not a sales copywriter
- The attributes that truly matter when defining your avatar (and it’s NOT demographics)
- Why knowing your avatar is a direct link to making more money as a writer
- Why business owners should NOT write their own copy
- The biggest mistakes writers make when thinking about their target reader
- What Allison learned from “bro’s” about finding the good stuff underneath the surface
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
Want to join Allison inside Kevin Rogers’ Copy Chief community?
Click here to become a member
- Allison’s Website
- Allison’s Book – Shut Up And Take My Money
- Chubbies shorts
- Profit First
- Abbey Woodcock’s Freelance CoOp
- Laura Belgray
- Dean Jackson
- Michelle Obama’s Becoming
- Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science
- Salt Fat Acid Heat
- The Moment of Lift
- The Bookshop on the Corner
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group