In This Episode:
Joshua Lee Henry is a direct response copywriter and marketing consultant, specializing in helping personal brand entrepreneurs grow their business. When he sent his bio over for this interview, it said that he’s a husband and father, as well as a former volunteer firefighter, mega-church pastor, and a two-time PhD dropout.
That sounds like a lot, but it’s actually understating his achievements. Prior to starting Activate Advertising Agency, Joshua was a corporate account executive for a multi-billion dollar, Forbes “Top 20” private businesses, had been on the board of directors of numerous nonprofits, and most recently was Vice President of a national financial marketing organization.
Joshua has written sales copy for personal growth leaders like Zig Ziglar and Michelle Prince, served as a ghostwriter for Jack Canfield and Dave Asprey, and created info products for Jay Abraham and Brian Tracy.
So, Joshua knows his stuff when it comes to writing, advertising and the business of both. In this interview, we dive deep into what he’s learned through those experiences, and we also gather some fascinating facts about Joshua’s history.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- What Joshua learned switching from academic writing to sales copy
- How you can use lessons from religion and mythology to write compelling and persuasive stories
- The biggest lessons Joshua learned from building mega churches
- How Joshua finds the deep, underlying pain points and desires of his market when most writers only skim the surface
- Why Joshua thinks his copywriting education is far more powerful than his Master’s degree
- How he got hired by industry legends like Zig Ziglar, Dave Asprey, Jack Canfield, and more
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Joshua’s website: activatemyadvertising.com
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- Almost Alchemy by Dan Kennedy
- The Hero’s Journey by Joseph Campbell
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
- The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group