In This Episode:
Suchandrika Chakrabarti is a London-based journalist, podcaster, speaker and media trainer.
Over the last 13 years, she has reported, written, and edited for national newspapers and international news agencies.
Suchandrika has written extensively across business, politics, travel, tech and more – including The Times of London, Daily Mirror, New Statesman, Reader’s Digest and many more.
Today, we talk about her experience in the rapidly-changing world of digital journalism, and what she’s learned training journalists in essential digital storytelling skills.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How the journalism industry has completely transformed in the past 20 years
- Why Suchandrika tried to leave journalism (and what ultimately brought her back)
- How to find (and recognize) the REAL story to get past the fluff
- Why journalists need to take themselves out of the journalism world as much as possible
- How to keep up in an industry that changes by the second
- Why digital storytelling completely changes the way you write a story
- Who’s really in charge of setting the agenda of the news
- How to develop your storytelling “muscle memory’’
- The best way for writers to promote themselves in today’s competitive, noisy world
- Why she recommends completely ignoring your competition
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Suchandrika’s website
- Find Suchandrika on Twitter
- National Council for the Training of Journalists
- Associated Press
- Newsfeed Eradicator Chrome Plugin
- Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner
- Journo Resources: Pricing Guidelines for Journalism
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
- Abolish Silicon Valley: How to Liberate Technology from Capitalism by Wendy Liu
- Article: In a WhatsApp group for orphans, a group of strangers helped me finally understand my grief
- Article: Dear Kate – Living with Grief
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group