In This Episode:
Janine Kelbach, RN, is the owner of Write RN, Host of The Savvy Scribe Podcast & Author of Entreprenurse. She started her nursing career in a community hospital learning the basics of labor and delivery, and over the next few years worked her way all the way up the ladder in the medical system.
After having her second child, she burned out on nursing and started looking for another way to put her skills to work, and discovered that there is a huge demand for writers with experience in the medical field.
Today, she writes about nursing and teaches other nurses how to land their own writing gigs. On this episode, she’ll teach you how to make the leap into medical writing, how to land those first new projects, and how to get a steady stream of client work.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Janine made the leap from full-time nurse to freelance health writer
- The cold pitch that landed her that first gig
- How she keeps her “nursing” identity while promoting her writing business
- The secret to her self-promotion success
- Her simple method for sending cold outreach messages that get a response
- How she uses LinkedIn to find new writing clients
- The tasks she has her VA help with that brings her consistent new work
- How she helps OTHER nurses land their first writing gigs quickly
- The simple trick that gets your content ranked at the top of Google search results
- How to get new prospects on the phone when making a cold connection
- Her biggest tips for making your clients love you
- How she prioritizes her work and manages her writing time with full-time family life
- The boundaries she sets with clients to help her stay in control of her schedule.
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Janine’s Website – Write RN
- The Savvy Scribe Podcast
- The Savvy Scribe Collective (Facebook Group)
- Plan, Create, Launch, Land and Grow Your Health Writing Business Course
- Health Writing 101 Course
- Entreprenurse: 30+ Nurses Turn Into Business Owners and Share Their Secrets to Success
- Gina Horkey’s Horkey HandBook
- The Stay at Home Nurse Podcast
- Carol Tice’s MakeALivingWriting.com
- Laura Briggs
- Abbey The Successful Freelance Mom
- The New One Minute Manager by
- The Miracle Morning by
- Before We Were Yours by
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Janine’s Good Reads profile
- The Baby Beginnings
- Acuity Scheduling App
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group