In This Episode:
Carline Anglade-Cole became an award-winning, million-dollar copywriter in the alternative health market by creating unique, crazy and over-the-top sales copy that just. Plain. Works.
Today she’s sharing how she went from having ZERO marketing experience…
To being an in-demand A-list copywriter booked out 12+ months in advance.
She did it all by controlling the conversation with clients and getting real with her writing.
Her direct-response marketing clients credit her for launching and growing their businesses with multi-year controls that generate record-breaking sales and new customers.
She also uses her creative and marketing talents to teach, train and mentor aspiring writers and marketers to take their skills to higher levels.
We’re confident it will be one of our most popular interviews yet. So grab your favorite beverage and settle in for this action-packed episode.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Carline got her first copywriting job by walking into the boss’ office and demanding an audience.
- The brutal interview process that (surprisingly) launched her copy career.
- How Carline gets booked a year in advance (even when she was just getting started)
- What Carline learned about writing great copy from her mentor Clayton Makepeace
- How to create your own demand and opportunity in your writing career
- Her counterintuitive advice for “fumbling your way to success”
- How to get great copy jobs even if you don’t have any samples
- Carline’s advice for “controlling the conversation” when negotiating with clients
- How to write great copy for a market you know nothing about
- Why Carline says she’ll never retire from copywriting
- The #1 skill you MUST have to become an in-demand copywriter
- The process of writing Carline’s booked that transformed how both Laura and Carline approach writing and editing
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Carline’s Book: “My Life As A 50+ Year Old White Male”
Psst – Carline offered a special deal just for BOW listeners!
After you get the book, email Carline [at] CarlineCole.com and she’ll give you her complete “27 Kick-butt Headline Ideas You Can Use Right Now” Checklist for free!
Send her proof of purchase and put “Laura sent me” in the subject line to get this special deal PLUS dozens of her top copy controls – all included in the price of her new book.
- Carline’s winning copy controls samples
- Why Didn’t Anyone Tell Me This Shit Before by Marcella Allison and Laura Gale
- The Bible
- Clayton Makepeace
- Bob Bly
- The Scribe Method
- The Bezos Letter by Steve Anderson
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group