In This Episode:
Despite the whimsical nature of the genre, there’s a strategy behind writing and publishing great fiction, and Lara Lillibridge has got a plan.
Lara is the author of four books, and has collaborated with other writers on many other published pieces. She also mentors emerging writers through writing and publishing their own great works.
On today’s episode she goes in-depth into her fiction-writing process, the fast-track to getting your book published, and how to strategically grow your career as an author.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Lara develops her fiction stories and characters
- Why writing about “real stuff” makes your fiction stories even better
- How Lara uses her kids to test if her fiction work is believable.
- Lara’s writing routine that keeps her new books on track
- The different professional publishing options available (and how to choose which is right for you)
- The difference between a writing teacher and a writing mentor
- Lara’s advice for getting your first book published
- Why sharing your work publicly or on social media can actually HURT your career
- Lara’s strategic plan for marketing and promoting your books
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Dragon Brothers by Lara Lillibridge
- Lara’s Twitter @Only_Mama
- Lara’s website where you can find all of her work
- Alliance of Independent Authors
- Catherine Harrison
- Sky Horse Publishing
- Penguin Publishing
- AWP’s Writer to Writer Program
- Chronology of Water by Lidia Yuknavitch
- Nox by Anne Carson
- The Body by Jenny Boully
- NetGalley where you can read books not yet released
- Written On The Body by Jeanette Winterson
- Somewhere in the Unknown World by Kao Kalia Yang
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group