In This Episode:
Samar Owais is an email strategist and copywriter for SaaS and eCommerce brands. She helps both clients and agencies increase conversions, boost sales, and most important, increase retention so they keep more of their existing customers.
While her mission is to get every brand to leverage active, human-to-human conversation with their users and create raving fans…
She’s also passionate about helping freelancers overcome head trash and fear about putting themselves out there to promote themselves.
Today we’re chatting with Samar about pivoting your business, customer retention, and finding the courage to proudly show your face.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Samar pivoted her business (and her skills) from content marketing to persuasive copywriting
- The big lesson she learned about negotiating higher rates (she calls it the most stressful 48 hours of her career!)
- How she pitched her writing coach to land one of her best long-term clients
- Why she butts heads with her clients over their own customers (and why it’s worth it for everyone involved)
- Her advice for working quickly and efficiently to keep up with a fast-paced roster.
- How she got over her fear of showing her hijab so she could put herself out there
- Her tactical advice for freelancers who are afraid to promote themselves
- The biggest change she made when she decided to start showing her face online
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Samar’s website at SamarOwais.com
- Watch Samar pick an email fight every Wednesday at EmailsDoneRight.com
- Samar’s Twitter
- Email newsletter emailsdoneright.com
- The 10x Freelance Copywriter Program
- Eman Zabi at The Scribesmith
- Forget The Funnel Course
- Sheryl Woods Romance Novels
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- The Middle Finger Project: Trash Your Imposter Syndrome and Live the Unf*ckwithable Life You Deserve by Ash Ambirge
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group