In This Episode:
In a world of hustle and grind, “resting” is not something that’s traditionally built into our work culture. But taking a break isn’t just some “nice to have” – it’s critical to staying productive and producing your best work.
When YOU’RE the boss – sometimes taking a vacation can seem impossible. Add on pressure from client expectations, and the R&R always seems to get pushed to the back burner.
So how do you take a break when it feels like the work never ends? In this episode, Rachel and Laura chat about how rest impacts the quality of your work, and how to get some much-needed time off when you’re working for yourself.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- The warning signs of pending burn out
- Why taking time to rest isn’t a “nice to have”
- How to identify when you need to take a break
- The easy way to plan vacations and time off in advance
- How to reset boundaries with clients when things have gotten out of hand
- Dealing with the fear of “dropping the ball” when you’re feeling burned out
- How to communicate your need to rest with client
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Join the discussion about this episode in the Business of Writing Podcast Facebook Group
- Want more great lessons about running your writing business? Get on our email list here.
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group