In This Episode:
Our guest today sports a pretty impressive resume. Brett Randell is a sales copywriter, content strategist, and yogi-musician who works almost exclusively with female clients. Over the past 7 years, Brett has written content and copy for 4 TEDx Speakers with 3.5 million+ combined views, as well as dozens of leaders in the spaces of women’s empowerment, entrepreneurship, diversity & inclusion, and more.
Brett has also supported Austin-based Storytelling for Entrepreneurs with content, copy, and social since 2011. Brett has also spoken on the topics of Storytelling and Diversity multiple times at Denver Startup Week, Storytelling intensives, and recently created productivity and remote leadership trainings for the Western Council of US Forestry leaders during Covid.
Outside of business, Brett has released 4 CDs, published poetry, traveled to 30+ countries, and performed music at yoga festivals around the world. He lives in Denver, CO and is working on his first fiction novel as a 2019-2021 Fellow for the Book Project at The Lighthouse Writers Workshop.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- Why Brett works almost exclusively with female clients
- How he learned to write in a woman’s voice
- The surprising fact Brett learned about the companies who thrived during COVID
- How Brett survived the “pandemic pivot” when he lost BOTH of his biggest clients
- His tactics for getting new clients FAST
- How to reactivate old client relationships to explore new work opportunities
- Why times of chaos are best times for copywriters and marketers
- How draws out the authentic stories his clients often have trouble sharing
- His advice for boosting your mental and physical health so you can do your best work
- Brett’s intense morning routine that he says is the main reason his life is so awesome
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Brett’s Business Website
- Brett’s Music and Writing Website
- Brett’s viral blog post about how to work from home
- Kevin Rogers and Copy Chief
- Join Copy Chief to get members-only discounts for Copy Chief live
- Ingrid Vanderbilt’s “Empowering a Billion Women” Project
- The 4×6 Copywriting Method
- 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
- Getting Everything You Can Out Of All You Got by Jay Abraham
- 80/20 by Perry Marshall
- RMBC Method Training Program
- Stefan’s robust copywriting course with real-life breakdowns and examples
- RMBC Applied monthly membership:
- You’ll see the RMBC Method in action and learn the philosophy behind how it’s implemented in the real world.
- The No Pants Project
- Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas père
- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
- Adweek Copywriting Handbook
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- SunDesk Coworking in Taghazout Morocco
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group