In This Episode:
We’re tackling something a bit different in this episode, and that’s how all us writers can take good care of our health. Writing is a sedentary, solitary job, and the better health, the better work we’re able to do. So today, we have a special double-guest interview, with two very dear friends of ours, Rosie Moore and Dr. Alexis Shields.
Rosie is an online fitness, nutrition and accountability coach who helps busy professionals create sustainable change in their health and wellbeing. Dr. Alexis Shields is an online functional medicine doctor who specializes in the assessment of blood work and creating customised health plans for each client, in order for them to restore and optimise their health.
Today we’re talking how your health impacts creativity, how to counteract the sedentary nature of our work, and tactical advice for taking care of your health as a writer.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How your physical health impacts your creativity and ability to write
- The #1 thing you can do to manage stress (and creativity killing cortisol)
- Tactical advice for offsetting the sedentary nature of our work
- Why entrepreneurs and freelancers are more prone to perfectionism than most
- How to motivate yourself without relying on willpower
- A doctor’s tactical advice for counteracting loneliness or depression
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Rosie’s Website
- Dr Alexis’ Website
- Meta-analysis of Loneliness in Bloodwork
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- James Clear
- Dr. Peter Attia
- Contract Attorney Rory Dyck (Rosie’s Husband)
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- Breath by James Nestor
- Born Standing Up by Steve Martin
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- My Life in Lyrics by Dolly Parton
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
- Motherhood by Sheila Heti
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group