In This Episode:
Every once in a while we have an interview that is so packed with value and actionable advice, that it could be a whole masterclass on it’s own!
Our guest today really pulled out the good stuff for us in this interview.
Licia Morelli is a copywriter, best-selling author and marketing consultant. Her writing has been featured in Vanity Fair, The Boston Globe, Publisher’s Weekly, Elephant Journal, Johns Hopkins University Press and more.
She is also a poet and prose writer, publishes children’s books, helps copywriters grow their businesses, has worked as an editorial director in the online marketing industry for over 10 years.
Today we’re diving into writing copy that goes above and beyond, getting bad-ass testimonials (and referrals) from your clients, pricing your services like a pro, and how to balance everything without going insane.
Grab a notebook and buckle up for this one!
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Licia launched her writing career by telling jokes on twitter
- Her “single person” copy tactic that guarantees her work will hit hte mark
- How she gets bad-ass testimonials (and measurable results!) from her clients
- Her system for using “The 5 Love Languages” to get incredible case study’s and proof for your biz
- How to get testimonials for a brand new offer that’s never been sold before
- Licia’s system for getting long-term clients who book out full days with her months in advance
- How to manage a busy roster, your personal life, creative work, and the functional part of your biz without going crazy
- Why Licia DOESN’T raise her prices
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Licia’s Pricing Guide
- Licia’s Newsletter
- The 5 Love Languages
- Laura Belgray
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
- Tarzan Kay
- The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Birds Of Opulence by Crystal Wilkinson
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group