In This Episode:
Ross O’Lochlainn is a former engineer-turned-copywriter who has an incredible talent for building systems in your business that help you do better work, and make it easier to do.
He’s so confident in his systems that he built his entire business by getting paid on results rather than charging up-front fees – which is something that most writers stay away from.
Now Ross both writes and consults with 6- and 7-figure businesses to help them increase conversions and scale their sales funnels using the power of carefully crafted systems.
Perhaps that’s why his business is so aptly named – Conversion Engineering. Today’s episode has a lot of “meat” in it that you’ll be able to apply to your business right away. So let’s dive right in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Ross made the leap into copywriting from mechanical engineering
- The life-changing book that shaped his business early on
- How Ross becomes an “instant expert” when he writes in new niches
- Ross’ research system that takes the fluff out of customer ‘pain points’ and ‘desires’
- How he built his client portfolio by getting paid on results
- Why he partners with business owners rather than working FOR them
- His system for getting better and higher-paying clients
- How to get a sustainable flow of revenue without having huge, stressful launches
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Ross’ website – Conversion Engineering
- Ross’ Open Everyday Book
- The 4 Hour Work Week
- Perry Marshall’s 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
- Tony Ulwick’s Jobs to be Done: Theory to Practice
- Kevin Rogers Copy Chief and Real Free Life (RFL)
- Margo Aaron
- Dean Jackson
- Ben Settle
- Remit Sethi
- The Lean Start Up
- Terry Pratchett’s The Color of Magic (the first Discworld book)
- Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan Books
- Principles by Ray Dalio
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group