In This Episode:
Journalist Rebecca Weber has covered breaking stories about travel, social justice, and the environment. Her work appears in the New York Times, CNN, and other influential publications.
As a writing coach, she also helps writers improve their skills, break into their dream publications, build their confidence, and pursue big writing goals.
It’s rare we get to chat with a writer who’s NOT writing just for marketing campaigns, so we are really excited to hear what she has to say. Let’s dive in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Rebecca jumped into freelance journalism with no experience
- Her advice for navigating contracts that favor the client’s interests instead of yours
- How she gets consistent writing assignments
- The best way to break through confidence blocks that stop you from taking action
- How she structures her deals and agreements with publications
- Rebecca’s 5-step system for getting your work published in big name publications like CNN, etc.
- How to expand into different markets and environments
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Rebecca’s website
- Rebecca’s podcast: The Writing Coach
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group