In This Episode:
Our guest today is Julie Hassett. She’s brought in millions of dollars for publishers like Agora Financial, Seven Figure Publishing, and Money Map Press as one of their only female copywriters.
More recently, she’s stepped into a leadership role as the Head of Copywriting and Sales for a financial investment company called My Wall Street.
Julie’s not only an influential player in the marketing world – she’s also written educational materials about finance that are currently being used nationally in public schools and even at Harvard University.
And before all that, Julie came from a pretty fascinating background – she’s worked as an actress in Los Angeles and an English teacher in Europe, and she even owned a Bait & Tackle shop in Tennessee.
All of these experiences helped form her creative process and her approach to running a writing business. Let’s get to it.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Julie went from dressing up as a Teletubby on screen to writing financial sales copy
- The ad that convinced her to become a copywriter in the first place
- How Julie navigates the publishing world as one of few female copywriters
- Navigating the bold cultures at different Agora companies
- Making sure you’re heard when working with big personalities
- What Julie learned when she made the leap from senior copywriter to copy team manager
- How she quickly reached a level of success most writers only dream of
- Building up a bulletproof professional network so you can have work whenever you need it
- Three things Julie does every week to make sure she’s always moving her business forward
- The books she swears by to get good at copy fast
- How she gets work done while caring for a new baby
- Stopping overwhelm and anxiety from creeping in when things get insane
- Her advice for balancing “now money” and “future opportunity”
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Julie’s Website: Wonder Hunter Copy
- Julie’s LinkedIn profile
- AWAI’s Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting
- “Why Didn’t Anybody Tell Me This Sh*t Before?” by Marcella Allison and Laura Gale
- “Expert Secrets” by Russell Brunson
- “The $64 Tomato” by William Alexander
- “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle” by Barbara Kingsolver
- “The Wealthy Gardener” by John Soforic
- “The Millionaire Real Estate Investor” by Gary Keller
- Ashlee Berghoff assistant extraordinaire at A Squared
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group