In This Episode:
Dana Kaye is a veteran publicist and brand manager with over a decade of public relations experience. She helps authors and entertainers get positive media attention and more eyes on their work at her boutique PR agency, Kaye Publicity, Inc.
Known for her innovative ideas and knowledge of current trends, Dana coaches her clients on how to identify and establish their unique personal brands.
She’s also the author of Your Book, Your Brand: The Step-by-Step Guide to Launching Your Book and Boosting Your Sales, and the creator of Branding Outside the Box, where she helps authors and entrepreneurs become more memorable.
Today Dana teaches us how writers can attract and leverage media attention, and promote themselves and their work to take control of their own publicity.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- The ugly truth about “vanity media” (and where to focus your PR efforts)
- How authors and writers can gain publicity for their work
- The surprising social media platform you can use to launch your new book
- Dana’s 3 Pillars of Publicity to promote your brand and your business
- How to deal with bad PR if you get negative reviews or press
- Who you should actually listen to when evaluating how you’re perceived
- How publicity impacts your brand (and vice versa)
- What kind of content you should posting on social media
- How to get media to feature you on their channels
- What you should NOT do when pitching the media
- Why you should be cautious about using events to promote yourself
- The trick to building a “magical rolodex” and nurturing valuable relationships
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Dana’s PR Agency Kay Publicity, Inc.
- Launch Your Breakout Book with Dana
- Dana’s Personal Branding Master Class
- Dana’s Master Networker Course
- Mortification -Writer’s Stories of their Public Shame by Robin Robertson
- In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado
- Gregg Hurwitz
- Quackery by Lydia Kang
- Michael Koryta
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk and E. B. White
- Panda Planner
- Last Exit to Brooklyn by Hubert Selby Jr.
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
- Mystic River
- Run Away by Harlan Coben
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group