In This Episode:
Abbey Woodcock has helped thousands of freelancers master one of the hardest parts of being a full-time writer – the business side of writing.
She helps writers take control of the management and growth of their business, including their processes, systems, contracts, taxes, and more.
And one of the best parts about learning from Abbey is that she also practices what she preaches.
Along with helping freelancers master the business side of writing, she also writes compelling sales copy for some of the biggest names online.
Today she shares her experience with us as we learn how she works with clients at a high level, nails their voice in writing, and builds systems and processes to help you grow your business as a freelancer.
This episode is PACKED with value from a veteran of the industry, so grab a cup of coffee and settle in, because this is one show you don’t want to miss.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify Here
- How Abbey got started as a writer (including her humble beginnings ‘pitching’ her crush in 7th grade)
- What she learned from her impressively diverse background in journalism, disaster response, and teaching chainsaw instruction.
- How she manages huge launches and projects working with some of the biggest names in online marketing.
- The biggest mistakes she sees freelancers make when trying to grow their business
- Her favorite way to get “lifetime” copy clients
- How to become invaluable to clients by mastering their “voice” better than any other writer.
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Abbey’s Freelance CoOp
- Abbey’s “Clone Their Voice” Guide
- Abbey’s Voice Codex Persona Workshop
- The Maker Workflow (Business processes for writers)
- Chat with Abbey inside Copy Chief
Join Copy Chief to get members-only discounts for Copy Chief live
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group