In This Episode:
Today we’re chatting with Jimmy Parent.
Jimmy is a full-time direct response copywriter who specializes in generating persuasive hooks, and big ideas.
Big idea generation can be really difficult, since it can be easy to feel like your audience has heard it all before.
If you can come up with fresh ideas and hooks that drive curiosity, and are also relevant to the offer you’re promoting in your sales copy – that’s a winning combination that marketers would do just about anything to get.
Jimmy works on his own projects, and also works in-house for one of the biggest and most successful information publishers in the world at Agora Financial.
These guys regularly run copywriting campaigns that generate MILLIONS of dollars in revenue – so for them, big ideas are serious business.
We’re excited to hear more about how Jimmy comes up with these great ideas and turns them into persuasive stories. Let’s dive in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Jimmy landed the coveted gig at Agora Financial
- The science behind generating a multi-million dollar “big idea”
- How big publishers at Agora generate so much revenue
- A sneak peek at Jimmy’s systematic research process that lets him create emotional stories that sell
- Learn Jimmy’s step-by-step process when you’re writing a promotion to a specific avatar
- How Jimmy uses “copy boarding” to come up with persuasive hooks
- And plenty more along the way.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Jimmy’s Website – PersuasionScientist.com
- Agora Financial
- Book – How Clients Buy
- Copy boarding with Joe Schriefer inside Copy Chief
- Copy Chief
- John Carlton
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group