In This Episode:
In the marketing world, David Deutsch needs little introduction. He’s a world-renowned direct response copywriter, marketing strategist, author, and copywriting coach.
David consistently writes winning promotions from scratch, and he often works with clients and writers behind the scenes to turn under-performing promotions into winners.
But before he was renowned in the copywriting world, David got his start at Ogilvy & Mather on Madison Avenue, working with clients such as Merrill Lynch, General Foods, and American Express.
When David switched to direct response, his work generated hundreds of millions of dollars in sales for leading direct response marketers, entrepreneurs and publishers, including Agora and Boardroom, Inc.
But all that only scratches the surface of David’s extensive knowledge and experience, so let’s get started so you can hear what he has to say.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Jay Abraham convinced David to leave Ogilvy and Mather for direct response
- How to write understated copy that’s not embarrassing to read out loud
- The difference between copy for ad agencies and direct response
- How to add more undeniable proof to your sales copy so it’s more believable
- The mindset strategy that builds instant trust with your readers
- How to make your copy more interesting by making bigger promises
- The one thing you need to write copy at the highest level
- How to stack your talents so you are always playing to your strengths
- The best way to stop your copy from sounding like regurgitated sales pitch
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- David’s website
- Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official BOW Guidebook to Marketing for Writers
- No B.S. Direct Marketing by Dan Kennedy
- Win Bigly by Scott Adams
- Confessions of an Advertising Man by David Ogilvy
- Choose Yourself by James Altucher
- The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More by Perry Marshall
- Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff
- Lethal Agent (A Mitch Rapp Novel) by Vince Flynn
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group