In This Episode:
It takes a lot of time, effort, and energy to write a good piece of content. So why do most people hit “publish” and let their word baby fade into the vast void of the internet?
Ross Simmonds is here to help you change that. He’s teaching us how to better leverage the content we create and get more out of every piece you publish.
Ross is a digital marketing strategist and entrepreneur who is passionate about technology, remote work, good people, good coffee and storytelling.
His writing and coaching has been featured on Forbes, Venture Beat, Huffington Post, Mashable, CBC and more.
He’s the founder of Hustle & Grind (an eCommerce store for entrepreneurs) and Foundation Marketing — a B2B content marketing agency.
Ross has also written two books — Stand Out and The Hustle Manifesto.
PLUS – he also sits on the board of directors for Volta Labs, Black Business Initiative, and the Boys & Girls Club of Preston, as well as the board of trustees for Phoenix Youth Programs.
Today we’re talking content distribution, business mindset, and leaving a legacy with your writing. This was an exciting and insightful conversation that we’ve been waiting to share with you. Enjoy!
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Ross writes exciting content for “boring” industries (You B2B writers will love this!)
- The “Guacamole Method” for getting responses to cold outreach
- His system for distributing your content further so it gets in front of more people
- How to turn old pieces of content that are collecting dust into assets that drive business
- His “pitch trick” for getting on more podcasts and stages
- How to build multiple revenue streams into your writing business
- The one thing you should do if you want someone to read and respond to your cold pitch
- How he trains inexperienced writes at his agency to produce high-level content
- His advice for using your business and platform positively impact causes you believe in (without diluting your brand)
- How to think and write about controversial subjects
- His advice for creating a clear vision for the legacy you want to leave
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Chat with Ross on Twitter – @thecoolestcool
- Stand Out – Content Marketing Playbook
- The Hustle Manifesto
- Hustle and Grind
- The Foundation
- Phoenix Host Youth Programs
- Black Business Initiative
- Seth Godin’s Blog
- How Will You Measure Your Life by Clayton Christianson
- The Inner Game of Tennis by
- Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- Built to Last by Jim Collins and Jerry Porras
- Founders at Work by Jessica Livingston
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group