In This Episode:
Ilise Benun helps creative professionals bust through mental money blocks, to find better projects with bigger budgets. She’s a national speaker and author of 7 books, including “The Creative Professional’s Guide to Money,” and 3 online courses tailored to the needs of creative professionals.
Since 2008, she has hosted the Marketing Mentor Podcast and her newest project is her role as “Business Coach” for the Savannah College of Art & Design.
With over 30 years of experience, Ilise has a lot to teach about clearing the mental clutter, getting more comfortable with tough money conversations, and building a thriving creative business. Let’s dive in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Ilise helps her clients clear their mental clutter
- Why promoting your creative on social media may NOT be a good idea
- How to create a marketing plan for your business that works for you and your personality
- How to break out of the “low paying client’ cycle and work with clients who are happy to pay you more
- Why Ilise thinks you’ve been brainwashed to avoid marketing your business
- Understanding the difference between “worth” and “value” when pricing your services
- How to develop great collaborative relationships with your clients
- The 3 simple action steps you can do over and over again to get a flood of great clients
- How to meet potential prospects and develop a genuine relationship with them
- Busting through mental money blocks that stop you from earning more
- How to make money negotiations a conversation instead of a confrontationAnd plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Ilise’s website at Marketing-mentor.com
- Ilise’s Simplest Marketing Plan
- Get Ilise’s tips for marketing yourself as a Creative Professional here
- Sam Harris’ Making Sense Podcast
- Nomadland by Jessica Bruder
- On Tyranny by Timothy Snyder
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group