In This Episode:
Angie Colee is a heavily-tattooed rocker turned copywriter and entrepreneurial coach. She was one of our very first guests here on the show, and since then she’s made some incredible shifts in her business.
She’s recently said goodbye to most of her client work to focus on her coaching, podcast, and writing a book – All supported by the incredible lessons she’s learned on her journey from cubicle copywriter to badass business owner.
In that time she’s coached hundreds of creative freelancers through finding clients and confidently fulfilling the gig…
Strategized and written multiple multi-million dollar launches, including two during the recent pandemic…
And Generated over $50MM in direct-to-consumer sales with her copy.
Since she walked away from her day job, she’s created strategies and promos for companies like Masterclass, Copy Chief, The Hustle, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and Product Launch Formula.
These days, she’s teaching everything she’s learned in her new business called Permission to Kick Ass. There she provides business and confidence coaching for creative entrepreneurs.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- Why Angie decided to move away from being a copywriting gun for hire
- How Angie manages her creative work while working remotely from the road
- Her superpower that makes her the perfect person to turn to when you need a loving kick in the butt.
- How to have difficult conversations with clients when you need to set boundaries
- The difference between a “red flag” and s “miscommunication” when it comes to managing clients
- How you can use your personality and quirks to attract the right clients
- The filters you should run all prospects through to make sure they’re easy to work with
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Angie’s Website: Permission To Kick Ass
- Angie’s podcast PTKA
- Kevin Rogers and the Copy Chief community
- Marianne Williamson
- Stephen King
- Real Free Life / RFL Program
- Million Dollar Consulting by Alan Weiss
- The Bone Series
- The Dark Tower Series
- Dragon Riders of Pern
- Death Du Jour by Kathy Rikes
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group