In This Episode:
Today’s episode is especially exciting, because our guest today has massively influenced the development of this podcast.
Kevin Rogers is not only a master copywriter, coach, and copy chief – but he’s also the respected leader of one of the best communities for copywriters and freelance writers in the world.
Working with and learning from Kevin is a refreshing breath of fresh air in an industry that’s often overhyped and full of self-proclaimed gurus. But with Kevin, you get the real deal.
He’s put in the hard work, the reps, and taken the hard knocks needed to become one of the top copywriters in the world. And now, he’s taken those lessons and built a thriving and supportive community for copywriters that exudes a culture of professionalism, integrity, and positive camaraderie.
As Copy Chief’s motto promotes – “Nobody Writes Alone” – so join us for this jam-packed episode as we all deep-dive into the mindset (and some of the madness) that goes along with becoming a successful copywriter.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Kevin launched his copywriting career with zero copy experience
- The #1 thing you can do TODAY to build a sustainable, profitable writing business
- Kevin’s advice for breaking through the “need results but need clients” Catch 22 cycle
- How to make sure you’re always moving forward in your business
- The best way to break through the “confidence conundrum” so you can work with better clients
- How to respond when a client wants you to guarantee results
- What to do when your writing doesn’t produce results for your clients
- Why you should avoid “lottery ticket” clients at all costs
- How to trust your gut instincts (and how to know when to seek advice instead)
- The real “non woo woo” reason you should have an abundance mindset about getting clients
- How to know where you should put your energy so you’re always heading in the right direction
- Kevin’s advice about choosing a speciality or niche
And so much more! Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Kevin Rogers’ Copy Chief Community
Join Copy Chief to get members-only discounts for Copy Chief live
- John Carlton
- Dean Jackson
- 60 Second Sales Hook by Kevin Rogers
- James Schramko
- East of Eden
- A Life in Letters by John Steinbeck
- Neo Alpha Distraction-Free Word Processor
- Ask the Dust
- Wait Until Spring
- The Road
- Todd Herman’s Alter Ego Effect
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Art of Less
- Profit First
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group