In This Episode:
Lianna Patch is a conversion copywriter and comedian whose greatest dream is to make your customers pause, smile, and click (in that order).
Why humor copy? File this one under “shockingly obvious” – Humor makes people LIKE you.
When people like you, they’re engaged. Which means they stay on your site longer. Which gives you a better chance at getting them to buy what you’re selling.
Why conversion copy? You can tell jokes all day. But if you don’t have a punchline, you’re just wasting everyone’s time and attention. Copy works the same way. Write as much as you want – but if you don’t have a conversion goal, you’re going nowhere.
Lianna is an expert in both copy AND humor, and we are so excited to have her on the show today. Let’s dive in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Liana developed the one-two-punch of copywriter AND comedian
- The cardinal rule of using humor in your writing
- Humor mistakes that make copy cringe-worthy
- How to use humor strategically to get the sale
- When humor crosses the line and becomes too much
- How Lianna productized her copy services so she could focus on high-margin copy services
- Managing your roster and workflow to make space for new clients
- Lianna’s trick for getting clients to come to her rather than chasing them
- How Lianna pitches to get on stage and speak as an expert
- What tactics beat imposter syndrome and stage fright
- Hilarious personal insights that we DEFINITELY didn’t edit out
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Lianna’s website
- SNAP copy
- Lianna’s Free Video – 5 Ways to Be Funnier in Your Copy
- Burning Chrome by William Gibson
- Start Finishing by Charlie Gilkey
- Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This by Luke Sullivan
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group