In This Episode:
Mike Abramov is a direct response copywriter and consultant based in Los Angeles, California.
He’s written for industry titans like Agora, PaleoHacks, The Dig Agency, NativePath, and Organifi – and is now branching out to seek exciting new ventures of his own.
When he’s not writing, he’s coaching up-and-coming writers – helping them move past mental and emotional blocks they have around their writing process.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Mike ended up the youngest copywriter for some of the writing from some of the biggest direct response publishers in the world
- Mike’s process for qualifying new client projects
- Why Mike prefers a holistic approach to writing a sales page
- How he works with other copywriters to make sure he’s doing his best work
- Mike’s advice for moving past perfectionism
- How he finds stories hidden in “boring” product research
- Mike’s advice for balancing work and life while in lockdown
- How to start writing a new draft quickly
- Mike’s advice for creating urgency in your copy without being sleazy
- How to manage your emotions when it comes to the writing process
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Get in touch with Mike
- Gary Bencivenga
- Kevin Rogers and Copy Chief
- Join Copy Chief to get members-only discounts for Copy Chief Live
- Dan Ferrari
- David Deutsch
- Lying on the Couch by Irvin D. Yalom
- Brent Charlton
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group