In This Episode:
Rebecca Otis Leder founded an award-winning blog, TheRebeccammendations® in 2009, as well as a marketing consulting company for small businesses, startups, and nonprofits.
Rebecca has shared her career development, personal branding, and marketing insights for organisations like Salesforce, DePaul and Loyola Universities, Startup Institute Chicago, BlogHer, and YearUp.
Now she teaches marketers how to develop genuine, lasting career relationships through her communication and networking system called The Knock Method.
In this episode, we dig deep into one of the biggest challenges for freelancers and writers – cold outreach to forge new connections and open doors to new opportunities.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Rebecca took her blog from fun creative outlet, to award-winning content
- The KNOCK method for cultivating genuine (and valuable) relationships in your career
- How to stand out when doing cold outreach (and avoid looking like a spammer)
- Rebecca’s strategy for finding common ground with new connections so a “cold” message quickly becomes a personal conversation
- How to show value right up front so new connections WANT to get to know you more
- The best way to put new connections in a “collaboration mindset” so they’re ready to work with you
- Cold outreach killers – the biggest mistakes that make new connections fall flat.
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Check out Rebecca’s book, trainings, and resources at TheKnockMethod.com
- Adam Grant
- Black Sheep: Unleash the Extraordinary, Awe-Inspiring, Undiscovered You
by Brant Menswar
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group