In This Episode:
Welcome to the Business of Writing Podcast, we’re your hosts, Rachel Mazza and Laura Gale.
Both of us are writers who have been working for ourselves full-time for the better part of a decade, and it has been quite a ride.
We’ve learned so much (and are still learning) and we’ve made a lot of mistakes along the way. On this show we’ll share some of those lessons with you so you can avoid making the same mistakes while building momentum and sustainability into your writing career.
We’re honored that you’ve given us your time and attention, and we don’t take that lightly. So we’ll try and make sure everything we do here is practical and applicable — all killer, no filler.
Today we’ll chat about who we are and how we got started, and then going forward we’ve got a lot of great guests lined up who are going to share their expertise as well.
Let’s dive in!
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify Here
- How Laura and I met in a sweaty dive bar in the mountains of Northern Thailand
- Where our businesses started, and how they progressed to where they’re at today
- How to direct your growth as a writer based on what your market wants
- Why you shouldn’t discount imposter syndrome (and how the pro’s handle it)
- How to get paid (well!) for your writing skills
- Why it’s critical that you find someone to keep you accountable and motivated (and how it works in our businesses)
- How you can use this show to build momentum as a professional writer, and grow a sustainable, successful writing business.
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Laura’s Website
- Rachel’s Website
- More about the podcast
- Our recommended resources for writers
- How you can support the podcast
- Work with Rachel or Laura (or both!)
- Become a Guest on our show
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group