In This Episode:
Today we’re talking with Dean Edelson, a former screenwriter and comedian turned direct response copywriter.
He started in Hollywood – writing and producing material and screenplays for Seinfeld, Frasier, Dreamworks, Disney, Paramount, and all the major movie studios.
These days, Dean helps clients as a direct response marketing strategist, and has more than a decade of launch copy under his belt.
His online sales copy and marketing campaigns have generated millions for his clients, and we have a lot to learn from him. Let’s dive in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Dean started writing for the biggest names in Hollywood
- Copy and life lessons from his stand up comedy career
- The biggest differences between writing for the screen, comedy, and direct response
- How Hollywood screenwriters capture and keep attention
- The blockbuster secret of storytelling that keeps you engaged
- How Dean finds emotional hooks and big ideas that keep you reading
- His foolproof method for easily getting great clients
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Dean’s website at 1BigIdeaMarketing.com
- Eugene Schwartz
- Copy Chief Job Board
- Join Copy Chief to get members-only discounts for Copy Chief live
- Jay Abraham
- Russel Brunson’s Expert Secrets
- Never Split The Difference
- Power of the Dog
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group