In This Episode:
I’ll warn you – you better buckle up for this one.
Blair Morse is one of the best storytellers in the copywriting world, and he’s about to take us on a wild ride.
On the business side of things, Blair is the definition of a self-made man. Not only is he is one of the top producing copywriters in the entire Agora publishing world – but we also love how he approaches the whole in-house copywriting world – which can seem quite intimidating to a lot of writers.
He’s known for his organic and creative approach to writing high-performance copy – and doing it HIS way.
In just his first year at the Agora company Legacy Research Group, he helped them add over 100,000 names to their paid list, and one of his top promos generated nearly $8 million dollars.
Now he’s passing that knowledge along, and has developed an amazing program at Legacy for their junior copywriters. He also Teaches their writers how to get paid well and earn royalties as soon as possible – building momentum in their copywriting career.
Today he’s going to share some of that here with us. Get your pencils out because this one is full of quotables that you’re going to want to paste up on your wall and carry around in your wallet. Here we go ready or not!
Let’s dive in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How Blair writes in a single stream of consciousness
- The truth about writer’s block (and how to bust through it)
- Blair’s advice for seeing through the charlatans so you can avoid false gurus
- How to negotiate writing deals to get paid big royalties
- The #1 thing newer writers can do to build momentum in their career
- Why Blair thinks working as a freelancer puts you at a disadvantage
- Blair’s process for downloading all the raw research into your brain so you internalize the info
- The ‘non woo woo’ method for tricking your subconscious into creating great ideas
- Blair’s ‘palate cleanser’ technique for refreshing your brain and creative juices
- What to do when your writing sucks
- Blair’s black swan approach for finding million-dollar ideas
- Why you should stop thinking like a copywriter if you want to write A-list copy
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Mike Palmer’s Copy Logic
- Jack Kerouac – On The Road
- The Big Chill
- Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
- Screenplays by Syd Field
- Albion’s Seed
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group