In This Episode:
Amanda Luft is an experienced web copywriter, specializing in the natural and alternative health industry.
She’s been writing for and studying health and wellness for years and is an experienced freelance copywriter.
But now, Amanda has made the leap to go in-house with a company as an employee, which as been a huge shift in her writing career.
So today, she’s going to give us a raw perspective from both sides of the fence – sharing the pros and cons as both a successful freelance writer, and as an in-house writer.
If you’re exploring different types of career paths as a writer, this is one episode you don’t want to miss. Let’s dive in.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- Amanda’s experience with doing “spec” work
- How to subcontract with other writers to help with their overflow work
- Her experience finding a mentor to gain confidence in your writing skills
- Why she thinks the ‘hustle culture’ is complete b.s.
- How she first broke into the competitive health space
- What she learned transitioning from freelance writer to in-house writer
- The biggest pros and cons of going in-house
- How to know which career path is the best fit for you
- The #1 thing Amanda would have done if she started from scratch as a writer
- Why you DON’T have to spend thousands of dollars to improve your writing skills
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- AWAI’s Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting
- AWAI’s Pricing Guide
- Pauline Longdon
- Chris Orzechowski’s Email Copy Academy
- Dan Kennedy’s No B.S Marketing Letter
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim
- The Business of Writing Mastermind Facebook Group
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group