In This Episode:
When we asked about the biggest challenges in your writing business, many of you said that finding clients was your #1 struggle.
Only second to that was figuring out what to charge and how to get paid.
So today we’re talking all about how to find and price new writing projects.
We’ll deep-dive into how we generate a constant flow of leads, how we figure out what to charge, and how both of these things evolve as our businesses change over time.
Since both of us have very different types of writing businesses, this is a great opportunity to take what we’ve learned individually, and apply it in a way that works best for you.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How to make sure your writing skills are “client ready”
- The unconventional advice about why you should accept projects that aren’t your top pic
- How to know when it’s time to stop learning and start working
- The raw truth about doing free spec work
- How to calculate your project price
- Why charging by the hour or per word is a bad deal for BOTH sides of the table
- How to promote yourself without sounding like a douchebag
- The best way to deal with imposter syndrome
- Our favorite methods for generating a constant flow of new leads
- The #1 prospecting trick that will set you apart from the competition
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Work Less, Make More: The counter-intuitive approach to building a profitable business, and a life you actually love
- Dan Kennedy: The Place Strategy
Join Copy Chief to get members-only discounts for Copy Chief live
- Copy Chief Live Event in October
- Dean Jackson 9 Word Email
- Stop underquoting by using The Simple Quote System
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group