In This Episode:
Margo Aaron is the “recovering academic” and copy nerd behind the cheeky website That Seems Important. While she calls herself the “accidental marketer” – her full-time writing career is certainly no accident!
Her work has been featured in Inc, Huffington Post, Thought Catalog, The Observer, Copyhackers, Entrepreneur and more.
She also co-hosts “Hillary and Margo Yell at Websites” – a hilarious show that’s been named one of the Top 7 Best Marketing shows.
Now Margo runs a coaching program for perfectionists who are ready to focus on their own work (instead of their clients’).
This episode is packed full of eye-opening quotables that you’ll want to post up on your wall.
So join us today as we chat about how Margo breaks through resistance, deals with the “head trash” that holds so many people back, and built a brand that people drool over.
Listen to this episode here:
Or download the episode to your device by using the links below.
- Click Here To Download This Episode As An Mp3
- Listen on Stitcher Here
- Listen on iTunes Apple Podcasts Here
- Listen on Spotify
- How to filter everyone else’s commentary when you’re finding your voice
- Why Margo calls herself an ‘accidental marketer’
- How she carved out an anonymous place to practice her skills
- The ‘drunk cousin’ reason you shouldn’t rely on inspiration when you write
- How to use ‘exposure therapy’ to get over your fear of promoting yourself
- The ‘sports bra’ method for overcoming the head trash that holds you back
- How to bridge the gap between what you know you SHOULD do, and what you can actually do
- The real reason Margo doesn’t respond to everyone who emails her
- How to coach yourself while you’re also “playing the game” in the arena
And plenty more along the way. Get the resources mentioned in this episode below.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Margo’s Website: Thatseemsimportant.com
- Hillary and Margo Yell at Websites
- Ignition: A One Month Writing Accountability Group with Margo
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- The Man in the Arena – a Speech by Theodore Roosevelt
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Abbey Woodcock’s Voice Codex Persona Workshop
- Let Me Google That For You
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- My Life in Advertising by Claude Hopkins
- Room of One’s Own by Virginia Wolf
Never miss an Episode!
Enter your details to get notified as soon as we release a new episode.
When you sign up now, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of Write, Reap, Repeat: The Official Guide To Marketing Yourself As A Writer
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Want To Chat With Us And Other Writers About What You Heard Today?
Join the discussion in our online mastermind group